Wednesday, October 30, 2013

A frightful night

Dear Evangeline,

Halloween is just around the corner. I can't help but wonder how cute you would have looked in your duck costume. I wish I could make little duck quacking noises to make you giggle. I'm sure you would have loved that.

Every year I'll imagine what costume you would have chosen. Would you choose princesses like your big sister, or maybe animal costumes, or even something spooky? What would be your favorite treat?

As I sit out on the porch on Halloween night this year I'll be wishing you were there with me. It'll be hard for me to watch siblings trick-or-treating together because I'll never watch my two beautiful girls together. I'm sure I'll also cringe everytime a tiny little baby strolls by in costume with their momma. That should be you and me, my sweet girl. The smile I put on my face from seeing the kids in their costumes will just be my mask to cover up my sad, tearful face from missing you.

I miss you so much everyday.

Love you forever,

Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment