Thursday, October 17, 2013

Daddy's girl

Dear Evangeline,

On Tuesday we attended an event to remember you and all babies gone too soon. Daddy, Mariah and I wrote little love notes to you, placed them inside balloons and sent them up to you in heaven when your name was announced. When your daddy grabbed a pen and jotted down a note to you my heart simultaneously filled with love and broke into a million pieces. I'm not sure what he wrote to you, but I know it was filled with love.

You have such a good daddy. It hurts me so much that all he gets to do is send you love notes, and the two of you don't get to spend time together here. Your daddy was always good at getting your big sister to giggle when she was a baby, and I know he would've made you giggle too. He held you so gently when you were born, and talked to you with so much love. I wish I could watch you two snuggle together. I know you would be daddy's girl just like your big sister.

Daddy doesn't talk about you much. I know it's because he doesn't want to make me sad, but I'm sure he thinks about you everyday. The other week he told me we should eventually start an organization in your memory to help other families. That showed me that he really does think about you often, and I'm sure he hurts just as much as I do. I hope you and daddy both know that I would've done anything to give you two more time together. You deserve to be daddy's girl... And I know you always will be daddy's special baby girl, but I wish you could be daddy's girl here with him.

Love you forever,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment