Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Every baby deserves to be celebrated

One thing that I really regret is that Evangeline's life was not celebrated more. I didn't have a baby shower because we didn't want or need gifts. Evangeline was our second child and I didn't want people to think we were greedy or tacky by having a second baby shower. It would not have been for the gifts at all. We did not need anything.

But it sure would have been nice to have a get together just to celebrate her life. Every baby deserves to be celebrated regardless if it's your first, second or tenth child. Every life is important and is deserving of that same level of excitement and love that the first child gets. I wish I would've had a celebration for Evangeline, because unfortunately we will never again have a chance to celebrate her like I thought we would. We will never have the opportunity to invite friends and family to birthday parties for our little Evangeline.

One thing is for certain, when we have another child down the road I will have some kind of celebration. Every child deserves all of the celebration that Evangeline will forever miss out on.

No comments:

Post a Comment