Saturday, December 7, 2013

Branching out

In the last year and a half I've really become interested in genealogy. I've spent hours tracing back through my and Ryan's family trees. It's amazing to see where we came from, and everything our ancestors endured in order for us to be here. Before Evangeline was born I showed Ryan the connections I had made and said "Isn't is amazing that if something happened to one of these people, whether they died or didn't meet each other we wouldn't be here?"

Think about it, if one of my grandparents generations back died in childhood there would be a huge chunk of my family tree wiped clean. I wouldn't be here and many of my relatives wouldn't be here. The branches would have suddenly ended.

Now I look at our family tree and think about Evangeline. I had these hopes and dreams that she would one day have children and grandchildren of her own. But now I am faced with the reality that her branch on our tree will never grow. I will always wonder how many branches of our family tree are missing because my daughter isn't here.

No comments:

Post a Comment